Thursday 21 March 2013

Week 3: Start of Work

I began researching and modelling the stud work for the house.

This week started with me researching the requirements needed to model the stud work of a house according to the BCA.
My main source of information came from a friend who is a qualified carpenter and has a wealth of knowledge in this field.

My Primary concerns were with the spacing of stud work and noggings. The requirements covered this week dealt with roof joists and beams.

Research:









Modelling: 

After collecting the required information, I started the modelling process, which began as importing the Revit model into 3DS Max.

After importing the model into the file, i began to group the different elements into their related groups, e.g all external walls of the first floor were grouped into 'FirstFloorExternal'

From here I made the basic outline of the stud walls






No comments:

Post a Comment