Sunday 12 May 2013

Week 10 - Plasterboard and Export

After I had finished modelling the stud work, I began on modelling the plasterboard for the house.

Due to the relatively easy process of modelling plasterboard, I was able to complete this stage quite quickly which allowed me to begin exporting/importing to sketch up.

When imported to sketch up various complications were discovered: excessive lines (forming triangulated patterns) and components missing.
I had previously worked out the solution to the problem of missing components, so after going back into the 3DS file and ensuring that all components were 'unique' I was able to successfully import the model to sketch up.

The problem of extra lines appearing on the model proved to be problematic within Sketchup, however when imported into CryEngine they didn't show up. For this reason we left the majority of the extra lines in the model, to ensure we didn't waste time cleaning up unnecessary parts of the model.




(At this point, materials weren't textured. Instead, they were coloured differently depending on which stage of construction they were linked to)



No comments:

Post a Comment